Crossfit is one of the most popular disciplines that we can find in a fitness center and that, if you are one of those who have little time to train, you can make the most of it.
Today we show you six Crossfit exercises to work the whole body in just a few minutes.
Functionality, demand, and intensity
The practice of Crossfit includes mostly functional exercises, which involve different muscle groups and therefore demand great effort to the body.
Being in this way, its practice is very demanding and intense and with just a few minutes, we can achieve a great workout and good results.
Even more, if we choose the right movements, because some of them more than others, allow us to work at the same time muscles of the lower body, upper body, middle zone and as if that were not enough, they help us burn calories.
Therefore, if you are one of those who have little time to train, you can choose to sign up for the practice of Crossfit.
6 exercises to work the whole body
If in addition to practicing Crossfit you choose the right exercises that involve the effort of different muscles of the body, you can complete a routine in a few minutes, having worked intensely and completely.
We show you six exercises that you can use to work the whole body doing Crossfit:
- Tire flip or tire flip: it uses a tractor tire that we must go flipping with our strength. You can see how it is performed in Vitónica and put it into practice to work quads, hamstrings, glutes, shoulders, abdominals, biceps brachii, and hip flexors.
- Sumo deadlift high pulls: it is an exercise composed of different movements and as shown in Vitónica, it allows working legs, shoulders, abdominals, gluteus, lumbars, and to a lesser extent, arms.
- Rope climb: basically consists of climbing a long rope using our body. It requires a certain technique to be performed in order to work the appropriate muscles, among which are the abdominals, dorsals, triceps, biceps brachii, leg muscles, and hip flexors.
- Man maker: it is a movement composed of several exercises, as you can see in Vitónica, and its realization not only allows you to burn calories but also to work legs, buttocks, abdomen, arms, chest, shoulders, and back.
- Grasshoppers: similar to the jumps that this insect gives, but of course, with some technique in its execution, with this exercise we will burn calories, we will work quadriceps, abdominals, trapezius, deltoids, psoas iliacus, and lumbar.
- Cluster: another movement composed of two or three different exercises that as shown in Vitónica, during its execution involves the effort of shoulders, abdominals, legs, buttocks, and to a lesser extent, arms and back.
Just by performing these six exercises you can work your body comprehensively, burn calories, gain strength and power.
To make the most of these movements and train in a short time, you can run a circuit of six stations, which you must put into practice, for 30 to 40 seconds, the exercises mentioned above.
In this way and repeating the circuit two or three times with minimum rest between one station and another as well as between each circuit, you can complete your full body and high-intensity workout in 9 to 12 minutes.
You can also choose four exercises from the six given above and perform a Tabata routine with high-intensity intervals to work the whole body and burn fat, as you will perform eight intervals (four exercises first and four after), of 20 seconds each with only 10 seconds of rest between them, and thus, you will finish the routine in only 4 minutes.
Remember that all these exercises are high intensity, so they are not recommended for beginners, and also, it is essential to have a good execution technique for each movement to be effective and safe for the body.
Now yes, with these 6 Crossfit exercises you can work your whole body in a short time. There are no excuses! You just have to get going.
I’ve always been passionate about health and fitness, whether it’s working out at the gym, going for a run before work, or even competing in a half-ironman triathlon. PineappleFit was born out of a desire to share our experience and passion for fitness with others.